By Pavaneshwar Das
A Comprehensive Systematic Study of the first Two Chapters of Sürya-Siddhänta with vivid examples based on the English Translation of the Bengali version of Sürya-Siddhänta by Çréla Bhakti Siddhänta Sarasvaté Thakur concisely presented by Pävaneshwar Das
- Overview of Bhägavata Cosmology: A brief description of the Fourteen Planetary Systems of our Universe with their divisions and sub-divisions.
- Vedic Planetarium: A brief description of the motion (Mean Motion) of the nine Planets (Nava-grahäs) as described in Bhägavata-puräëa.
- Introduction to Sürya-siddhänta: Brief summary overview of the First Two Chapters of Sürya-siddhänta and Chapter Twelve in the Appendix.
- Ahargana Calculations: Calculation of the total number of Days elapsed from the beginning of the Creation (Brahmä’s day) to compute the Mean position of the Planets at any given point of time/day.
- Computation of Planetary True Positions: Applying the four additional corrections based on Manda and Çégra movements of the planets to their Mean motion, one obtains their True Position in the Zodiac.
- Birth Chart of Lord Caitanya Mahäprabhu: Based on the above procedure, the birth chart of Lord Caitanya is computed to validate the Computation Procedure given in Sürya-siddhänta.